Monday, December 16, 2013

A Promise to Myself

Tamyra at Fredrick Meijer Gardens, Grand Rapids, Michigan, Spring 2013.



I made a promise to myself this year, and I think it is time that I made good on that promise.  I used to write all the time.  I loved to write, it was my passion, and a stress release for me.  Over the years my writing has been replaced by many other activities, my other passions.  I have had my children and their activities to fill my days, I started sewing, I garden.  I never intended to let my writing go to the wayside, it just happened.  I promised myself that I would get back to writing in some capacity, and although it has taken me most of the year, I am beginning to make good on that promise to myself tonight.

Castle Rock, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Munising, Michigan. Aug. 2013
I do not expect many people to share in my writing.  It has mostly been a private activity until I decided to resurrect it in the form of a blog.  I am not sure why I chose this method, but it seems easier to keep track of this way, and the multitude of devices that can be used nowadays from multiple locations to post to a blog made it a logical choice.  After all, if I were to find writing inconvenient for my schedule I am sure I would not stick to my choice to revive my former passion to its previous glory. 

Munising Falls, Munising, Michigan, August 2013.
I am hoping that I will eventually combine my passions for writing and sewing, scrap-booking, gardening and such.  I could write about my children forever, droning on and on with a few amusing quips here and there.  Some people might find it insightful, a few stories could even be inspiring and relate-able in many circumstances, and in some instances I may include them in my writing in brief snip-its as they fill my life with plenty of material to share.   My life features them and for the most part my family is my life, and whereas, I am sure there presence will appear in my blog, the bulk of what I would like to write about however will not feature them.

Lake Superior sunset, August 2013.
So I will write.  I take my first step in fulfilling my promise to myself by writing this introduction to my blog.  A short but simple insight to intentions and sources of my writing inspirations with (hopefully) much more interesting content to follow.  I may even surprise myself with this before I am done.  Only time will tell and the story shall appear in it's wake. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you continue to show off your talent of photography in your blog as well. I have always enjoyed looking at your pictures!

    ReplyDelete